Originating in China in 1978, TDP, or “Tèdìng diàncíbō pǔ” (特定电磁波谱), Lamps or “special electromagnetic spectrum” lamps first developed as a result of studies conducted on the workers that worked in a rural black clay plant. Researchers were surprised to note that despite treacherous work conditions, the employees remained healthy and rarely fell sick. The scientists discovered the clay contained 33 minerals that happen to correspond with 33 essential minerals in the human body. They also discovered that the far infrared light emitted by the kiln contained special healing properties when combined with the unique mineral composition of the clay. When this mineral rich clay is sufficiently heated, it radiates far-infrared energy exactly like the human body.
How TDP Lamps Work
The difference between simple infrared radiation, and the TDP lamp, is that the TDP lamp incorporates a mineral plate that is heated to ionize the trace minerals. When this mineral rich clay is sufficiently heated, it radiates far infrared waves which are easily absorbed into the human body. Because our bodies also radiate this type of energy, far infrared waves are easily absorbed into our skin as deep as 3 ½ inches. Our tissues naturally absorb these waves which promote metabolism and improved circulation and give strength to the immune system. Injured areas are often deficient in minerals, therefore, the TDP lamp may quicken the healing process.
The iron mineral plate is composed of 33 trace elements in unique mineral forms. These minerals are "aluminum, antimony, arsenic, barium, boron, cadmium, calcium, carbon, chromium, cobalt, copper, iodine, magnesium, manganese, molybdenum, nickel, phosphorus, selenium, silicon, sodium, sulfur, tin, titanium, zinc, and zirconium along with bismuth, germanium, lithium, potassium, rubidium, strontium, and vanadium. The iron content of the plate helps the heat spread uniformly across the panel.”
"Millions have been treated with these lamps for over 100 chronic conditions and people in China call them "Miracle Lamps" because of their groundbreaking success."
The absorbed energy from the far infrared waves promotes microcirculation, which brings blood into all the tiny spaces of your body, yielding more oxygen and nutrients to the treated area. The improved blood circulation causes the expansion of the capillary vessels, which aid in tissue detoxification and affect the lymphatic system. It strengthens the immune system and relieves pain in the body. FIR is also believed to work according to the basis of Traditional Chinese Medicine or TCM by promoting the free movement of “qi,” “chi” or life energy in the body. Clients report reduced joint pain and stiffness, reduced muscle spasms, greater mobility, improved sleep patterns, and extended periods of deep relaxation following a session.
While Far Infrared (FIR) Therapy is increasingly being used among acupuncturists, physical therapists, and doctors to treat a number of health conditions, it is a wonderful, complementary, and non-invasive addition to any massage therapy or acupressure session. By far the most sought out complementary addition to any massage therapy treatment, Far Infrared Therapy may be used during or towards the end of a session to treat specific conditions, injuries, and hypertonic muscles and to integrate the massage as a whole. All Table Therapeutic Massage Sessions offer Far Infrared (FIR) Therapy as a complementary add-on at no additional cost.
WHAT ALL THIS MEANS FOR YOU…
1. Pain relief. Muscle and joint pain, as well as pain from inflammation, arthritis, soft tissue injuries, sprains, back pain, scar tissue, various skin conditions and other similar conditions all benefit from using a TDP lamp.
2. Receive much needed essential minerals and generate various biochemical benefits that the body may lack due to illness, accident or injury. The human body needs vitamins and minerals to regenerate and heal itself. When you’re sick, hurt or fatigued, these are essential to help you recover. The mineral ionizes the key minerals it’s coated with and delivers them to your body.
3. Accelerated decomposition of damaged and diseased cells. The protons emitted by FIR help your body release enzymes which increases the rate at which the body eliminates these damaged cells.
4. Improved blood circulation. FIR waves produce nitric oxide and expand vessels and tiny capillaries which stimulates increased circulation and oxygenation. This helps deliver nutrients and repair cells, as well as remove waste products and toxins, from all over the body.
5. Detoxification. As vessels and capillaries expand, FIR initiates a process to dissolve toxins by loosening the water bonds that keep toxins in your circulatory and lymphatic system.
6. Enhanced immunity. Through its subtle heating, far infrared seems to increase the amount of white blood cells and T-cells in our body, which fight diseases. Also, the improved circulation help these cells move about the body more efficiently, and the white cells can use the nitric oxide produced by FIR to defend against tumors.
6. Metabolic boost. The heat FIR generates in your body burns calories and also stimulates your body to continue burning calories after your session is over. Metabolism also depends on the health of a number of organs and systems. The detoxifying effects of FIR, along with the essential minerals imparted by the mineral plate, can keep these systems well maintained and efficient.
7. Comfortable heat and pain free and relaxing. Ever stand outside on a sunny winter day? The air temperature can be pretty chilly but your body feels warm. That’s because the FIR waves from the sun are penetrating your skin and warming you up from the inside. That penetrating warmth is healing, therapeutic and soothing—feels great on a cold winter’s day—and it’s the same waves you’ll find radiating out of TDP lamps. They can relax your muscles and do all those wonderful things above, and more.
Current medical history:
Results of Research Conducted into the Efficacy
of the TDP Lamp
Alin. (2016, November 13). TDP Lamp -- How it Works and When You Should Use It. [Blog Post].
Retrieved from cuppingresource.com/tdp-lamp/
Natural Health Way. How TDP Infrared Lamps Work to Speed Healing.
Retrieved from naturalhealthway.com/tdplamps/how-tdp-lamps-work.html
Living After Stroke. TDP Far Infrared Lamp -- A Quick Overview. [Blog Post].
Retrieved from www.livingafterstroke.com/tdp-far-infrared-mineral-lamp-quick-overview/
Laifer, Stephen. (2009, June). Far Infrared Therapy Capturing the Therapeutic Benefits of Solar Energy.
Retrieved from http://www.lifeextension.com/Magazine/2009/6/Far-Infrared-Therapy/Page-01
Specializing in Trauma-Informed Somatic Bodywork, Thai Yoga Massage, & Jin Shin Do® Acupressure